Candidate completes Task 1TEMPLATE (ELE is used in this course, not SPE)
- Candidate prepares 3-5 lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessment(s)
- Remember the focus of Task 1 is to include three lessons in a learning segment.
Let me Break it Down for You:
- Identify a learning segment of 3 consecutive lessons to plan, teach, and analyze. You need to have 3 lessons plans that relate by a topic, subject, theme or follow sequentially from one day to the next
- Example: A lesson plan for Monday, lesson plan for Tuesday, and lesson plan for Wednesday all on the same book.
- Identify a central focus for the learning segment:
- an essential literacy strategy for comprehending text OR composing text AND
- the related skills needed to develop and apply the strategy in meaningful contexts.
- This means when you explain your learning segment in the “commentary document”, you are clearly discussing how the lessons RELATE.
- In many cases, students in the course cannot use all three lessons from the course. It is imperative for task 1 that a LEARNING SEGMENT is seen and the candidate understands what that means.
Must prepare a learning segment of 3 consecutive lesson plans for ELE-literacy (reading comprehension or writing composition only) lessons
Rubric, Instructions and Templates are included.