Sathya 612 | Management homework help
This assignment must be typed in a Microsoft Word document with 12 pt. Times New Roman font. The text must be double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ by 11″) with 1″ margins on all sides, and a minimum of 3 (three) full pages in length including the references, if available.
If you have references, you should document your references including the in-text citations using the guidelines provided in the following publication:
• American Psychological Association (2009). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Sixth edition. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
You can use the following website to review a good example for using references in this format:
You will read the case study below, and answer all the questions.
You are a business analyst in an initiative that is in the process of defining, building, and implementing a new car booking system for a car rental company. You have been working on this initiative for the last 3 months and have documented approximately 100 different requirements from all stakeholders and other resources. Some of the stakeholders are listed as follows:
1. CFO (sponsor)
2. IS Steering Committee (Car rental company managers)
3. IT Department
4. Sales Department
5. Marketing Department
6. Maintenance / Repair Department
7. Branches all across the USA (Managers and employees)
8. Individual Customers
9. Organizational Customers (Corporates which rent vehicles regularly based on a contract)
10. Insurance companies
11. Travel agencies
12. Vehicle manufacturers
14. Government agencies (e.g., Department of Transportation, US Environmental Protection Agency)
15. Not-for-profit organizations (e.g., associations that were established to reduce the carbon emissions)
You are expecting to have a business case in the end of 6 months. You will submit the business case with alternative solutions to IS Steering Committee in the car rental company.
You chose an adaptive approach for a rapid delivery of business value in short iterations. Therefore, you are thinking of starting these iterations in 2 weeks, and having iterations every one month. You are expecting to have three iterations. You are planning to get feedback from the end users and customers during each iteration. In the end of each iteration, you will meet with IS steering committee members and some end users.
1. Please create a brief business analysis approach that will detail how you will conduct each iteration. (Refer to 3.1.4 “Elements” in BABOK Guide).
Solution definition (How will you create solutions in each iteration? Will you use
prototypes? Are there techniques that will help you with creating solutions in
• Level of formality (How will you ensure high level interaction in your team? How will you get feedback from stakeholders?)
• Activities (Which activities will you have in each iteration? You will divide the work into iterations, identify the deliverables for each iteration, and then identify the associated activities and tasks. You don’t need to write in detail. For example, in each iteration, you will prepare for and conduct elicitation, and confirm elicitation results. Then, you can have requirements analysis and design definition. Finally, you can conduct solution evaluation.)
• Timing (Duration of each iteration has been already specified in the case study.)
2. You also decided to conduct a document analysis. In the Preparation stage (10.18.3), include all possible documents that you can examine.
You should list the sources (documents) which are relevant to the objective of
your initiative. You need to consider if these documents are up-to-date, genuine,
and credible. You also need to consider if stakeholder can understand the content of this document easily. Some examples of documents are provided below:
i. A written work procedure or work flow
ii. Reports from prior organizational studies
iii. Organizational mission statements
iv. Business plans (Strategic business and IS plans)
v. Organization charts
vi. Business policy manuals
vii. Job descriptions
viii. Internal and external correspondence ix. Invoices
3. Choose five stakeholders, and place them on the Stakeholder Matrix (Figure 10.43.1). The vertical axis will be “Influence of Stakeholder” (Power of stakeholders) and the horizontal axis will be “Impact on Stakeholder” (Interest of stakeholders). Explain why you placed them in their quadrants.
4. Based on 3.3.4 “Elements”, create a Governance Approach. Your stakeholder matrix and the stakeholder list will be an important input for this output. Besides, use 10.35 “Process Modelling” to create a graphical model to show how change requests will be processed. Consider having another team member in your team to manage change requests. You should answer all these questions:
• How will business analysis work will be approached and prioritized?
• What is the process for proposing a change to business analysis information?
• Who has the authority and responsibility to propose changes?
• Who should be involved in the change discussions?
• Who has responsibility for analyzing change requests?
• Who has the authority to approve changes?
• How will you document and communicate changes?
Question 1: 15 points
Question 2: 10 points
Question 3: 20 points
Question 4: 30 points