Read/review the following resources for this activity:
For this discussion post, you will watch a short video discussing politics and power in the workplace. Before watching the video, reflect on the following questions:
- When you hear the word politics, what comes to mind? What adjectives would you use to describe the practice of politics?
- Should there be power and politics in an organization? Can and should management stop the use of power and politics in their organizations?
Now, watch the video keeping in mind your previous reflections on power and politics.
Initial Post Instructions
In your post, discuss the following:
- Did your reflections align with those presented in the video? Explain.
- Have you experienced political behavior as that described in the video? Has it been a positive or a negative experience?
- How would you rate your political skills based on what was discussed in class and in the video? What kind of political behavior have you used the most?
Secondary Post Instructions
Read and respond to posts made by at least two peers. Respond in one of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your peer’s post.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Make a suggestion.
- In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post
- Use APA format for in-text citations and list of references.