Objective: to demonstrate your understanding of the three appeals to reason (a.k.a. the Greek Triangle).
Points: 6 total (2 for each appeal)
- Read the background information below and watch the videos.
- You’re welcome to look at the PDF links, too (these are optional).
- Write an original example of each of the three appeals to reason. To complete this correctly, you will need to do all of the following:
- Share the appeal itself (e.g. What did you do to persuade someone? What story or explanation did you give?)
- Identify that appeal (e.g. Was it logos? Was it pathos? Was it ethos?)
- Explain why it was that particular appeal? (For instance, if you shared a story and identified it as pathos, then explain why it was pathos.)
- See my examples below.
- If you can’t think of your own appeal for this assignment, you may find an example online but please include the URL/web address for where you got your appeal.