Preview, Preparation and Reflection Activity: Current Connections to Chapter Content:
Review the 4 cases below (read articles and watch videos) and select one of the cases. Reflect on how it aligns to the 4 components of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) (Refer to Figure 2-3 on page 38 in your textbook).
- Read the article “Apple, Google Bring Covid-19 Contact-Tracing to 3 Billion People” on Bloomberg News, https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-google-bring-covid-19-170000715.html
Respond to question: Is the COVID19 monitoring ability a benefit for society or Apple/Google?
- Watch Video:
5 Astonishing Statistics that Show How Urgently We Need to Save Our Ocean
from the World Economic Forum on LinkedIn https://www.weforum.org/videos/5-astonishing-statistics-that-show-how-urgently-we-need-to-save-our-ocean-race-to-zero
- Respond to question: How is this video connected to Sustainability?
- Watch Video: TOMS Shoes, The TOMS Story, 2014
on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPiQNqbiZa0
- Respond to question: Is Toms Shoes an example of Corporate Social Performance?
- Read Article: The coronavirus downturn has highlighted a growing investment opportunity — and millennials love it, https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/investing-advice-coronavirus-downturn-shows-esg-investment-opportunity.html
- Respond to question: How is Sustainable Investing a benefit for society?