To investigate how operating systems encrypt their passwords and how they can be exploited, you need to use a password/encryption cracking tool. There are several tools available for this purpose.
During a meeting with your supervisor, you are asked to use one of the tools available to crack a password.
Complete the following:
- Research how the tools work from the perspective of taking advantage of the operating system’s weaknesses.
- Research several password/encryption cracking tools
- Download and install a tool of your choice
- Configure and use the tool
- View the list of user accounts and password hashes to crack.
- Take a screenshot of the user accounts and password hashes to crack