Help with Project
The project entails using Power BI to analyze and report on data from the open payments website: https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/about (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Data file — classprojectdata.csv
The data provided to you is for research payments in 2017 — the columns in the original file are described in the data dictionary — OpenPaymentsDataDictionary.pdf – in Appendix D, but the file provided in this assignment has been modified to reduce the number of columns and make it easier to work with as a class project
- Choose two of the following questions to explore:
- Where are the research dollars flowing in healthcare? — Can you find common factors by analyzing the type of drug, device, company, hospital, or therapeutics?
- Which diseases are being ignored?
- Which physician specialties are the most and least popular in terms of investment and what implications does that have for the future?
- Can you identify areas of concern or gaps in healthcare research spending?
- Can you identify opportunities for investment and areas of over spending?
- Create appropriate reports to provide meaningful insights into your chosen questions
- Power BI workbook (.pbix) with the visualizations you created.
- A PowerPoint file that contains:
- Screen shots of each report/visualization
- Summary description of each report/visualization – describe the purpose of each report — which question is being explored — interesting features or insights
- Summary description of the dashboard – how a user should interact with it to explore the data
- Overall summary that lists each question you explored and the insights that you obtained from the analysis
- Relevance (analysis relates to the problem statement)
- Completeness (thoroughness of the analysis)
- Depth (sophistication of the analysis)
- Consistency (conclusions consistent with the analysis)
- Interest (unique/unexpected approach or insights
Please let Me know where to send Attachments