Assignment : Ken 7 Windows Limited new enterprise resource planning (ERP) software expands the size and scope of the Ken 7 Windows Limited computing environment. The new infrastructure means more computers and more users. You know that the process of administering a larger, more complex environment requires a more formal approach. You have decided to implement the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle to help organize your efforts.
Consider the list of security administration tasks below. After each task, indicate the phase of the PDCA cycle to which it belongs. Write at least two pages that describe why the task belongs to the phase you chose and how each task makes your environment more secure.
Security administration tasks:
- Write password policy to enforce complex passwords.
- Identify settings that have changed for a specific computer by analyzing the output of a baseline comparison, then list settings that should be changed.
- Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) to scan for current software versions.
- Lock the door to the data center.
- Use a packet sniffer to see if network traffic is encrypted.
- Develop daily server backup procedures.
- Apply software security patches.
- Update antivirus signature databases.
- Monitor log files.