For your Initial Post due by Friday at 11:59 PM:
- Review the readings for this week before responding to this post
- Create a one-paragraph response to ONE question below, using about 300-350 words.
- What does Muñoz learn by leaving Dinuba? How does this knowledge and his experience outside Dinuba influence his return to and understanding of his hometown?
- In paragraph 8, Muñoz mentions the stigma associated with speaking Spanish, saying that “Spanish was and still is viewed with suspicion.” Do you agree that there is a stigma Why or why not?
- At the end of the article, what conclusion does Muñoz reach about the pronunciation of his name and the power of English? What does he have to understand about borders, language, identity, and power, among other things, to arrive at this conclusion?