•summary and critique must be a minimum of 2.5 pages in length, 1.5-
spaced, #12 font, and be mechanically and grammatically sound.
• paper will include a brief summary of the paper (1 or 2 paragraphs is fine),
and the balance of the paper will be a critique of the article.
• Include a full citation of the article at the end of the paper. No particular style for
the citation required. Make sure you include authors, title, year published,
sources, and pagination.
For the critique section….
• Suggest choosing 3 or 4 items from the methods, results, and/or discussion
section to critique to yield about 2 pages of critique.
• Be very specific and detailed in each item that you critique. For example, if
you include “the paper was well written… ,” that is too general. Or, “I liked
the graphs … .” That is too general.
• A good critique statement would be more like, “The sample size for each test
group was only 5. A larger sample size might have resulted in disproving the
null hypothesis that there is no difference between the number of infectious
parasites in the treatment groups exposed to 10 mg/L versus 100 mg/L of