This deliverable asks you to analyze how information technology is acquired, produced, and distributed.
To complete the Disaster Recovery Plan and Summary, fulfill the instructions for each part:
Part 1 – Disaster Recovery Plan
- Download and read the Nozama Information Sheet
- Build a disaster recovery plan appropriate for Nozama that:
- Identifies and lists the roles of staff members, primary and backup, to contact in case of a disruption
- Indicates purpose and scope of plan
- Indicates instructions for activating the plan including how often the plan will be reviewed and update, and by whom
- Identifies steps for addressing disruptions including listing actions to take for declaring a network disaster
- Five instructions for recovering operations and restoring equipment and devices
- Present the plan in a way that is appropriate for the workplace
Part 2 – Summary
- Append a 1-2 page summary to the disaster recovery plan that addresses concerns related to the following:
- Potential security challenges
- Protecting the MIS from common threats
- How up-to-date information supports business objects and good decision-making
- Present the summary in a way that is appropriate for the workplace
(The following is what my last attempt was and i need to fix this to get a better grade)
Here is what my teacher said..
There are some missing elements that you seem to have begun to discuss but never followed through on.
Criteria 1: Identified the purpose of the plan and provided clear details with explanations for activating, reviewing, and updating it: (Grade 1 Points)
The “clear” representations of how the plan is to be activated, updated, and reviewed were missing, you did state that it is important to have this information, but never stated who is performing the activation, under what circumstances, and how this is done. The same with the reviews and updates.
Criteria 2: Listed and explained details for addressing and recovering from a network disaster. The plan shows cohesiveness in all of its parts and relates well to Nozama. (Grade 4 Points)
The recovery was covered much better within the document. I’m giving you full points, but I would like for you to consider the following: Identify the scope of the issue, isolate the problem, restore critical service, resolve the issue, follow up communication.
Criteria 3: Describes potential security challenges specific to the case. It also robustly explains how protection for vulnerable data can be achieved and discusses how current information helps support business objectives and allows for decision-making in a comprehensive manner and relates well to Nozama: (Grade 1 Points)
Again just like the first criteria, this was listed as very important but never continued beyond this. So how is security an issue with a natural disaster, then a logical disaster such as ransomware or a data breach? These should be answered in the document.
Criteria 4: Format is business appropriate and enhances content understanding and citing sources is correct if outside sources were used. (Grade 2 Points)
Keeping in mind this theme of a crisis document, there should be clear heading defining the various elements of this document. When you are rushed, and stressed spending time to review in detail a DR plan is not going to happen. It will be passed to the side, and the team will just move forward without it. Secondly, there were several spelling and grammar errors within your document. Please take the time to first run this document through the spelling and grammar checker in Word, then go a step above and run this through the Grammarly tool
Please keep in mind that you have a second attempt on this assignment. It is going to be critical to review the live classroom and pay very close attention to each element of the assignment details. This site will help as a guide: http://searchdisasterrecovery.techtarget.com/feature/IT-disaster-recovery-DR-plan-template-A-free-download-and-guide#q1