Building on your previous work, it is time to start showing how Perl can be used to manage the servers. The chief information officer (CIO) is excited about your work so far and wants to see more.
Pick 3 system commands and provide the following:
- A brief description of the command and why you might use it
- How you will invoke the commands through Perl and why (System, Exec or Backtick)
- Sample code showing how you would use the command
Your work on connecting to a database has not gone unnoticed. There is a growing interest to see better reporting, and Perl may be the answer. Create a table in your database with the attached spreadsheet as your guide, and generate the following reports:
- Find all servers with CPU utilization above (>) 90%.
- Find the average memory usage for all servers.
- Show the server with the most memory utilization.
- Show the server with the least amount of disk free.
Provide a brief analysis on why the above metrics may be useful. You can also simply cut and paste the Perl commands that you are using into a Word document.
Note: The project should be completed in Word and should be professional in appearance and free of errors. Think of this as a memo to management where you are demonstrating your capabilities in this area
300–400 words, code, and reports