Research health-promotion programs that assist older adults who have disabilities, diseases, or disorders such as diabetes, hypertension, depression, HIV/AIDS, or Alzheimer’s disease.
Choose one disability, disease, or disorder—and associated health promotion programs—to focus on.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper discussing health-promotion programs for older adults who have the disability, disease, or disorder. Include the following in your paper:
- Identify available wellness programs.
- Provide a summary of how the selected disability, disease, or disorder affects older adults.
- Include demographic information of the population affected by the disability, disease, or disorder.
- Address nutritional needs for this population.
- Discuss how physical activity may benefit this population.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.