- PLEASE READ DIRECTIONS BEFORE PLACING BID…THIS PAPER MUST BE 3-4 PAGES!!!!!
Guidelines in Writing the Paper:
1. The paper will be three pages in APA format, not including the cover page, the APA title page, and the reference page.
2. The paper will contain an introduction, body, and conclusion.
3. The introduction explicitly identifies the concept “self-help group” and the purpose(s) of the paper.
4. The body will include:
· The date, time, location of the meeting
· A description of the atmosphere of the meeting place (approximate number of people, environment, attitude of different people, etc.)
· Explain the step(s) that was (were) discussed in the AA/CA/NA meeting. If the step(s) were not discussed, then explain what was discussed. OR Explain what was discussed in the Al-Anon/Alateen meeting. Provide examples.
· A description of some of the interpersonal relationships you observed
· How you think a “newcomer” with a substance-related problem or mental illness disorder may feel attending the meeting for the first time.
· How you felt as an individual attending the meeting
· A description of how AA/CA/NA or Al-Anon/Alateen is a therapeutic intervention for persons living with a substance-related or mental illness disorder.
5. The conclusion is based on your experience of observing the (AA/CA/NA or Al-Anon/Alateen) meeting. In addition, describe the significance to mental health nursing/nurses of the information presented in the paper.
6. Please take the utmost care in writing this paper to ensure that you do not reveal
anyone’s identity. Confidentiality!